The Community Choice Demonstration connects families with Housing Choice Vouchers to property owners who maintain quality housing in Opportunity Areas in Orleans Parish where children and families can have the best opportunity to thrive.
The Housing Choice Voucher program is a federal rental assistance program that helps low-income families find housing in the private rental market. Families with vouchers only pay a portion of their income towards their rent, and the voucher covers the rest. We make sure that the unit will be affordable for the family before reaching out to property owners.
Find out why property owners love working with the Community Choice Demonstration:
- Reliable, on-time rent payments: The Housing Authority pays their portion of the rent through direct deposit to your bank account.
- Lease-up bonus: Property owners who lease up with a Community Choice Demonstration client will receive a bonus in the amount of 50% of one month’s rent.
- Supported families: Tenants receive coaching to help ensure that they will make a successful transition into their new home and security deposit assistance.
- Faster processing: Community Choice staff will help you fill out the paperwork and efficiently process it at the Housing Authority.
- Asset protection: Have peace of mind when you lease-up with a program tenant knowing that you can access a Damage Mitigation Fund of up to $2,000 in the rare event that a tenant leaves their unit damaged.
- Free listing service: Fill vacancies quickly and save on advertising costs through our exclusive unit list for homes in your area.
- Rent to a family in need of a home: Families in the program are looking for homes in Opportunity Areas to give their kids the best chances at success. They need property owners, like you, who will give them a chance too.
List your eligible units today! Not sure if your unit is in an Opportunity Area? Check here. For more information, contact our Leasing Coordinator at 504.596.2100 ext. 110.